Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In Search Of

Today in class we watched a video on internet filters and how they affect what we see on the internet.  Websites like facebook and google filter certain results in order to only provide information that "suits" you.  While this may seem beneficial, oftentimes you aren't getting the whole picture.  You are only seeing what is formed for you.  Your information isn't being expanded, and your horizons are not broadening.  I realized that we aren't sure of how much information we are missing out on.  It could be really interesting, brilliant things.

With this new information, I researched Shakespeare again.  This time, I did a few searches, and looked at more results than just the top two or three.  I googled "Shakespeare facts", "Shakespeare history", and "Shakespeare background."  I did end up with different results and different information as well as the same website I had found yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment